Sunday, August 21, 2011

Anne Hathaway's 'Dark Knight Rises' Prep: YouTube Cat Videos?

'I actually had this moment when I convinced one of the assistant directors on the London portion of the film to get a cat with me,' actress tells MTV News.
By Eric Ditzian


Anne Hathaway as "Catwoman" in "Dark Knight Rises"
Photo: Warner Bros

If you're not happy with that early peek at Anne Hathaway's Catwoman, perhaps you should blame Keyboard Cat.

Because as the "Dark Knight Rises" actress revealed in Interview magazine, she prepped for the role by turning to feline-focused web videos, after her initial plan to adopt one of the furry creatures fell through.

"I actually had this moment when I convinced one of the assistant directors on the London portion of the film to get a cat with me, the idea being that we were going to get a kitten from a rescue shelter, and he was going to live with me, and I was going to observe it, and when I left London, I was going to give it to her," Hathaway explained. "Then, thankfully, her husband pointed out that that was a terrible idea on so many levels, not least of which being that it would probably be really confusing to the cat."

She added, "So I turned to YouTube instead and got a National Geographic video on cats."

OK, so while the influence of OMG cats and talking cats and cats that wrestle watermelons may not be discernable in the first look at Hathaway's Catwoman, there's no denying the reaction to her "Dark Knight" debut was mixed. But when the 28-year-old actress revealed what it takes to fit into that suit, you had to give her a round of applause.

"I'm a vegetarian, and right now I'm living on kale and dust," she said on "Chelsea Lately" on Wednesday, adding that it takes three people to squeeze her into the costume. "Catsuit's unforgiving."

And since the production lasts for months and months, she's had to maintain that strict diet and those intense workouts, lest her Catwoman come in for even more unwanted attention. The key to making it all happen is that, after initially hating hitting the gym, she finally enjoys getting in her workouts.

"I think I'd never really gotten over the hump," she said. "There's a workout hump where you're so weak that you hate everything. Everything's painful and you look like an idiot. The gym that I work out at, I was literally working out next to a pregnant Jessica Alba and she could do more pushups than I could."

Check out everything we've got on "The Dark Knight Rises."

For breaking news and previews of the latest comic book movies — updated around the clock — visit SplashPage.MTV.com.

Related Photos

Elena Lyons Elisabeth Röhm Elisha Cuthbert Eliza Dushku

No comments:

Post a Comment