According to Deadline New York, the 'Monster' director left due to creative differences.
By Kara Warner
Patty Jenkins' journey to Asgard has been cut short.
According to Deadline New York, the "Monster" director has left the production of "Thor 2." The site reports that Marvel Studios is already in communication with agencies in its search for a new director. Given the sequel's July 26, 2013, release date, a replacement is expected to be found quickly.
Although Jenkins allegedly left due to creative differences, Deadline also reported that she is still in good standing with Marvel and might end up working on another of the studio's numerous superhero films in development.
Jenkins is now the second director to leave "Thor 2," following director Kenneth Branagh's announcement earlier this year that he wouldn't be returning to the franchise. Branagh said his experience with "Thor" was a "joy" and that his decision was due to timing, not any ill will toward the franchise or the studio.
"Of all the American comics, 'Thor' was the only one I was really familiar with from my childhood, and it intrigued me, maybe because it was a bit more European, with those Viking helmets and its basis in Norse myth," Branagh told Variety. "The scale was exciting, and I did love the character and the story. It had depth and gravity in addition to being an entertaining ride.
"I certainly wouldn't rule out a return to Marvel," he added. "We had an excellent collaboration."
Check out everything we've got on "Thor 2."