Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nicki Minaj 'Really Excited' About Britney Spears Tour

MC says she wants to 'show people that I can be part of any world.'
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Sway Calloway


Nicki Minaj
Photo: Chris McKay/WireImage

Fans are eight weeks away from the launch of the Femme Fatale tour. Britney Spears, along with top-line tour opener Nicki Minaj, will get the party started in June in Sacramento, California.

Minaj has called the slot "an honor." When MTV News caught up with the Barbie herself in New Orleans for the latest stop on the I Am Still Music Tour, she opened up a bit more about the matchup.

"She's definitely iconic and I'm very excited," Minaj explained. "It's weird. I just always remember her, since I was little, ruling the world, so I'm really excited to just expand my fanbase and show people that I can be a part of any world."

Minaj is the reigning princess in the hip-hop world, and she feels that hooking up with pop's leading queen will expand her horizons, even if she has to make some changes to her stage show.

"Of course I will adjust some things. I definitely will take away that one particular stage prop," she said of one very phallic object, adding that her music and set list will basically stay the same. "We'll add some stuff 'cause I got some new things coming out this summer, some new records."

Earlier this week, Minaj called into Ryan Seacrest's radio show, promising that things will be characteristically over-the-top when she hits the road with Spears.

"I'm calling to let everyone know how thrilled I am, how honored I am to be going on the road with the iconic Miss Britney Spears this summer. I just know that when the Femme Fatales and the Barbs get together, we're going to kick major ass," she said. "And I am looking forward to creating a new, a bigger, a brighter, a more spectacular show. And I am just really, really excited to make history with Britney, so you guys, make sure you come out this summer."

Related Videos Related Artists

Rachel McAdams Rachel Nichols Rachel Perry Rachel Weisz

No comments:

Post a Comment