Monday, September 26, 2011

Bruno Mars' 'Breaking Dawn' Song Will Be 'Dark'

'I'm Team Bella all day,' the 'It Will Rain' singer reveals in new Billboard interview.
By Jocelyn Vena


Bruno Mars
Photo: Kevin Winter/ Getty Images

Bruno Mars is set to make it rain on the "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1" soundtrack. Mars' track, "It Will Rain," is set to drop on Tuesday, one day after the full track list for the soundtrack hits the streets.

"After seeing the movie, I thought that it would be a perfect fit," Mars told Billboard about the lead single off the soundtrack, which is out on November 8 (just 10 days before the movie hits theaters). "The 'Twilight' movies for me [are] a love story. But it's a dark love story," he added. "And I think the best way to describe the song is: It's the darker side of love. I think that pretty much sums it up."

And while the singer didn't reveal any plot details in the chat, he did weigh in on the biggest conundrum of our time: Is he Team Edward or Team Jacob? "Do I wear a Team Jacob shirt or a Team Edward shirt?" Mars teased. You know what? I'm Team Bella all day."

So how did the song come together? The VMA-nominated singer said it "started off with me and the guitar, and I just had this melody in my head and basically laid it down after I saw the film." Mars also said he saw "most of the movie" so he "could catch the vibe and feel where they were going with it."

But since he didn't see a final cut, he has no idea where his song will get placed. "As long as it's not after the credits," Mars joked. "I hope it's in a good [scene]!"

Mars and the Smeezingtons had been working on the track before Bruno was asked to contribute to the soundtrack. In fact, earlier this summer, Mars teased MTV News that he had a song he was super excited to share with his Hooligans, though it's unclear if "It Will Rain" is the same song. "I'm definitely thinking about what's next," he said in August. "I've got a song that I just wrote that I'm extremely proud of and I worked really hard on, and it's gonna come out soon."

Check out everything we've got on "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1."

For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.

Related Photos Related Artists

Kelly Monaco Kelly Ripa Kelly Rowland Kerry Suseck

No comments:

Post a Comment