Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rihanna's 'State Of Undress' During Video Shoot 'Inappropriate'

Alan Graham allowed singer to film 'We Found Love' clip in his Northern Ireland cornfield.
By Jocelyn Vena


Rihanna
Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/ WireImage

Rihanna may be doing her best Mariah Carey "Dreamlover" impression in her video for "We Found Love," but a farmer didn't feel comfortable watching Rihanna run around a Northern Ireland cornfield in a bikini top and low-rise jeans.

DUP Alderman Alan Graham spoke to the BBC about the "We Found Love" video shoot. The shoot was moved onto his property, and he felt that the singer was too scantily clad.

"There was an arrangement made last week. There was no formal agreement. Rihanna arrived on Monday. I did not prevent her video at all. I did not object to her outfit at all, that was an exaggeration," he said in an interview with the BBC. "Most of the video took place on a field adjacent to me, which was in a public place. It was when the film crew went further away from the road that I felt things were getting inappropriate and I asked the filming to stop."

While photos of the shoot show Ri wearing a flannel top and jeans with a bikini underneath, Graham explained it was a look he did not approve of. "The issue was that I felt Rihanna was in a more state of undress than a bikini top," he said. "She was wearing jeans, of course she was. It was only when they moved for five or ten minutes into our field that I felt things were getting inappropriate."

Graham added during the interview that he had no idea who Rihanna was when he agreed to let her shoot there. "From my point of view, it was my land, I have an ethos and I felt it was inappropriate," he said about her look in the video. "I wish no ill will against Rihanna and her friends. Perhaps they could acquaint themselves with a greater God."

Related Artists

Aaliyah Abbie Cornish Adriana Lima Adrianne Curry

No comments:

Post a Comment