Thursday, November 24, 2011

Howie D Doing Crunches Before Britney Spears Lap Dance

Backstreet Boy jokes to MTV News that he'll be ready 'if she does, by chance, pick me to do that' on Femme Fatale Tour.
By Jocelyn Vena


Howie D
Photo: Frederick M. Brown/ Getty Images

Howie D is set to hit the road with Britney Spears on her Femme Fatale Tour this weekend, but there's one thing he may not be ready for: getting one of her famous onstage lap dances.

"I just heard about it, and it just means that I have to go into major workout mode now," the Backstreet Boy joked to MTV News. "I have to do more pushups and crunches than I ever did, because I want to make sure that I represent myself and my group properly."

If Brit does decide to give him a lap dance, he already sees a potential perk. "If she does, by chance, pick me to do that, which I'm not opposed to, it's a good get-out-of-jail-free card for me," he laughed, pointing to his wedding band. "So I'm down with it. It's all in the name of music."

The string of South American tour dates happens to be timed perfectly to the release of Howie D's first-ever solo album, Back to Me, and he's got some fun stuff in store for lucky fans who come to check him out.

"Well, I'm actually taking a lot from what I've learned from the Backstreet Boys and implementing it into my show," he revealed. "Actually, on the show with me I have a DJ that's behind me and we're kind of working on some stuff together. [There's] even some Backstreet Boys songs. I'm definitely not shying away and presenting what the fans want to hear, but at the same time premiering some of my new songs off the record and it's just gonna be a fun, energy-packed, 'get your mind away for 20 minutes' on my set [show]."

Related Artists

Magdalena Wróbel Maggie Grace Maggie Gyllenhaal Majandra Delfino

No comments:

Post a Comment