Sunday, March 27, 2011

Is Beyonce Almost Finished With Her New Album?

'I probably won't get on this album, but hopefully the next one,' singer/songwriter Sia says of song she pitched for Beyonce's new album.
By James Dinh


Beyoncé
Photo: Michael Loccisano/ Getty Images

As Britney Spears and Lady Gaga gear up to release new albums, there's another pop heavyweight who may offer them some friendly competition: Beyoncé. Details surrounding the singer's next album remain scarce, but according to a few of the project's collaborators, Bey is almost finished recording the follow-up to 2008's I Am ... Sasha Fierce and has managed to hit the studio with an extensive list of producers.

After gushing about her high hopes for working with Beyoncé, Australian songstress Sia revealed that she told B's behind-the-scenes team that she wanted to lend a creative hand for the new album. "So I just said to all the producers, writers, everyone, help me make this happen, and then Diplo e-mailed me and said, 'where are you in the world right now? would you be interested in flying to New York? I'm writing with Beyoncé,' and I was like, 'Yesss!' " the singer told MTV Australia.

Despite Diplo's offer, Sia said she was unable to fly out because of schedule conflicts, but is in the process of pitching songs to Beyoncé. When asked if her submissions were for Beyoncé's forthcoming LP, Sia said, "Well, there's only one song left for this album, so I probably won't get on this album, but hopefully the next one. That's my dream, that's my goal."

Sia isn't the only collaborator that has suggested Beyoncé is close to wrapping up studio sessions for the project. Sleigh Bells have confirmed working with the singer, but are weary on whether their work with the songstress will make the final cut. Speaking with NME.com, guitarist Derek Miller admitted, "I actually have no idea if the collaboration will ever be released."

While Miller remained tight-lipped on details regarding the song (or songs?), the Sleigh Bells bandmate confessed that the collabo is just one of her many musical partnerships, saying, "Beyoncé works with whoever she wants to work with, probably 30 or 40 producers. It's a totally different world from what I'm used to. So for me, it's just exciting to hear something that I worked on but I can't really say any more than that."

Sia and the Sleigh Bells join a long list of other collaborators who have been tapped to work on Beyoncé's new album, including Ne-Yo, S1, Jim Jonsin, Sean "The Pen" Garrett, The-Dream and Tricky Stewart.

Who do you want to see Beyoncé collaborate with on her new album? Share your suggestions in the comments.

Related Artists

Amanda Marcum Amanda Peet Amanda Righetti Amanda Swisten

No comments:

Post a Comment