Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wiz Khalifa Says Snoop Dogg Advises Him To 'Boss Up'

Rapper opens up about 'High School' collaborator on 'RapFix Live.'
By Jayson Rodriguez, with reporting by Sway Calloway


Wiz Khalifa
Photo: Sohyung Kang / MTV News

Snoop Dogg always walked his own path as a youngin' in the game. And now that the veteran rapper has taken Wiz Khalifa under his wing, his advice to the upstart isn't very different from his own mantra.

According to the "Black and Yellow" star, Snoop told him to keep doing what he's been doing.

"He just always told me to stick to what I know, 'cause I know myself the best," Wiz said during his appearance on MTV News' "RapFix Live." "And [he told me to] boss up in every opportunity that I get. Those are mainly the two key points that stick out.

"Snoop is a big fan of what I do and, of course, he's a legend to me and it's just an honor for him to be talking about me, speaking so highly of me and sharing the same views. I witnessed his career, and there was a time when my dad wouldn't want me listening to Snoop. But as time went on and he got to see who Snoop was as a businessman and other avenues of life, then he really grew to respect him. I feel like, as long as I do me, like Dogg says, in time people will get it."

The two green-friendly rappers joined forces late last year for Wiz's "Black and Yellow" remix and later announced they would be shooting a movie together called "High School."

"We decided to go ahead and say, 'You know what? Let's do a movie and a soundtrack and just become, you know, bosom buddies and do what we do 'cause we love what we do and we love each other and at the same time, we know what the people want,' " Snoop explained. "The people want to see the two generations come together where hip-hop ain't about old school and new school. It's just about good music and making good moves and putting something out there that's classic where people can respect it and say, 'Yeah, so now, this was some gangsta sh-- that really made hip-hop gradually grow to another level.' "

Are you looking forward to seeing Wiz and Snoop join forces for "High School"? Tell us below!

Related Videos Related Artists

Victoria Beckham Victoria Pratt Victoria Silvstedt Vinessa Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment