Thursday, March 31, 2011

Katy Perry Says 'E.T.' Video Doesn't 'Play It Safe'

Clip's on-air debut at 7:53 p.m. ET will be followed by live 'MTV First' interview with Perry on MTV.com.
By MTV News staff


Katy Perry
Photo: MTV News

When Katy Perry's "E.T." video, featuring Kanye West, premieres on MTV and MTV.com on Thursday, fans should expect a decidedly cinematic experience.

"With Teenage Dream, the record in whole, I knew I wanted to give so many different flavors, so many different ideas, and just make a different 'movie' for each song," Perry told MTV News of her latest album, which has already spawned clips for "California Gurls," "Firework" and the title track. "I feel like I've done that."

The "E.T." video will premiere at noon Thursday on MTV.com, VH1.com and LogoTV.com. Then, "MTV First: Katy Perry's 'E.T.' " will bow on air at 7:53 p.m. ET before tossing to an MTV.com live stream, featuring MTV News correspondent Sway's exclusive chat with Perry, an interview with director Floria Sigismondi and reaction from Perry's fans.

Perry has noticed a shift in public opinion about her with the release of each Teenage Dream video, and she's thinking "E.T." will be no exception.

"It's interesting to see a lot of the commentary that goes along with growth," she marveled. "People are like, 'OK, I like her,' finally, or like, 'Damn, I hate to admit it, but we're on the Katy Perry train,' which is really exciting, and i feel like I worked really hard for that.

"I knew starting with 'I Kissed a Girl' that it might have taken a little bit longer to get everybody just onboard the Katy Perry train, I guess," she added. "But now, I'm having so much fun and I get to be so creative and try different things and expand, and I never play it safe — in any way, really."

Don't miss the premiere of Katy Perry's "E.T." video, featuring Kanye West, at 7:53 p.m. ET Thursday on MTV, followed by our live "MTV First" interview with Katy Perry on MTV.com!

Related Videos Related Artists

Desiree Dymond Diane Kruger Dido Diora Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment