Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Daniel Radcliffe Never Dreams As Harry Potter

'Woman in Black' star opens up to MTV News about his 'really weird' dreams — and his constant anxiety too.
By Kevin P. Sullivan, with reporting by Josh Horowitz


Daniel Radcliffe

After finally facing off against Voldemort and then going head-to-head with the Woman in Black, Daniel Radcliffe shouldn't have much to worry about. But at the age of 22, he has already become one of the most recognizable faces on the planet, and with that amount of recognition comes some worries.

When the actor spoke with MTV News' Josh Horowitz, he opened up about his anxiety. Radcliffe's energy comes across clearly during interviews, speaking quickly throughout and touching on many topics in a short amount of time, something the actor's aware of. "Anxiety, yeah, a lot just because you've met me and you know what I'm like," Radcliffe told Horowitz. "I'm a pretty anxious, high-energy person. I think that goes along with it."

It should come as no surprise that Radcliffe has more than a busy schedule, which factors into his anxiety. "I'll always worry about something, and if I don't have something to worry about, I'll worry about that," he said.

Radcliffe also talked for a while about his dreams. He said he doesn't dream often, but that when he does, they're often pretty strange. "I very rarely remember dreams anymore. Over the last year, I haven't had one that I remembered," Radcliffe said. "My dreams are always really weird. I remember I was talking to someone a while ago who was telling me about their dream. They said it was mental. 'I was at work. All this stuff needed getting done. I couldn't do it all in time.' I was like, 'That is the most mundane dream in the whole world.' "

When he does dream, however, his subconscious takes on appropriately epic proportions. "My dreams are always, like, I have to save something or save the world or something," Radcliffe said. "It's pretty exciting, but it only happens about once a year."

Even if he is dreaming about saving the world, it's not as his most famous character, a fact he's grateful for.

"Before I did the run of ['How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying,'] I was dreaming about being Finch and what it would be onstage and those kind of anxiety things," he said. "No, I've never dreamed as Harry, thank God. If I had said 'yes' to that question, there would be a lot of people all over the Internet going, 'Oh, my God, he needs therapy.' "

Check out everything we've got on "The Woman in Black."

For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.

Related Videos

Catherine Bell Chandra West Charisma Carpenter Charli Baltimore

No comments:

Post a Comment